Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Days


Well we have been happily enjoying the lazy days of summer, seeing as we finally got some nice weather under our belt. Yesterday Diana and I went shopping and I was in shock as I found out that Frankie can fit in to some xsmall clothes! What! My almost 3 year old has completely jumped 4t sizes?!?! It gave me a bit of a shock and sent my head spinning. With all the back to school hype I got tho thinking what will be my train of thought in a few years time when my baby starts school? When she makes those first steps to her independence and will be left to fair the world without me to protect her? What if another kid makes fun of her, or the cool girls break her heart....
I know I cannot do anything about the inevitable, it still makes my head spin that my babies are growing so fast. The other day she put her backpack on and was running the driveway and looked back and said, "Look mom, looks like I am going to school." And it did......
This week we will go to Kelowna for a wedding and we are all looking forward to it. We will be staying in a cabin and there will be games and fun for all. We are trying to enjoy these final days of summer and I am hoping for a nice fall. I want to take advantage of all the nice weather and the time I get to spend with the girls all I can.
This week I am heading to Bowman employment resources to discuss resume options, which is another source of panic for me. I am trying to be optimistic and I hope something that will work for us as a family will come and smack me in the forehead! Until then I will remain hopelessly oblivious to my grown up responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment