Saturday, June 25, 2011

Slow down, it's moving to fast!


Frankie got her big girl bed. A double bed with her crib back as the head board. We went out and bought new big girl bedding which was a pink flowered quilt with 2 shams. Very delicate, very girly, very pretty and a calming effect for her hot pink bedroom. She was a little apprehensive at first but a few minutes with her dad and a promise that we would read to her in bed and she was hooked. Looking in on her while she was sleeping just about brought tears to my eyes. She looked so little in her big girl bed. Just like when she was so little in her crib after she moved out of the bassinet. She woke up so proud of herself. She yelled up to me "Mommy, come get me out of my big girl bed, I had a GRRRREEEAAT sleep!" After the first night, and morning, she just comes upstairs on her own, but that first morning she just wanted me to see her in her big bed!
Quag called me from work to see how she slept and he told me HE almost cried thinking about it. Our little frankie, in her big bed!
Charley is also growing too fast for comfort. She started to say Dada at almost 8 months and she army crawls around like crazy. Her little bedonk da donk gets up in the air but she isn't "crawling" yet. She IS however standing up against the ottoman be herself for a minute or so at a time and she is starting to vocalize a lot more. She has also taken a few steps holding on to my fingers and she is SO proud of herself as she does!! She is a happy little thing, LOVES being talked to and lights up when he sister starts to play with her.
The differences between them is almost comical. Frankie was happy to sit and play with toys or look at books, Charley won't sit still. Frankie had an extensive vocabulary at this age, saying things like dada, yum yum, football, no, mama...Charley isn't saying anything but Dada. Frankie was (and still is) a picky eater, Charley eats anything you put in front of her. If you said no to Frankie over something (like getting close to outlets) she wouldn't look at them again, Charley heads for them everytime with a grin back at you like 'try and stop me'! Where Frankie is timid about heights and 'dangerous' things Charley seems to dive head first into it. She even trys to slide head first off my legs!
I love that my girls are so different. I love that they both seem to be thriving off each other too. I just wish that time would slow down a bit, it all seems to be moving to fast...........

1 comment:

  1. My girls are exactly the same Brooke. Mia just like Frankie and Zoe just like Charley....funny!!!! And yes, it does go by wayyyyy too fast.....

    ReplyDelete